There are two ways of accessing and publishing data with PlanSource: Administrative Access and Developer API Access.
Administrative access allows administrators to view and manage a client's benefits administration site. There are two sites that can be controlled with Administrative access: the Production site and the Partner-Dev site.
- The Production site is where client information is published when configuration and implementation into the PlanSource system is finished.
- The Partner-Dev site is where client information sits when it's being configured and implemented into the PlanSource site.
Developer API access allows developers to make POST/PUT/GET calls to a client's information. There are two sites that can be controlled with Developer API access: the API Production site and the API Partner-Dev site.
- The API Production site is where developers should make API calls to when they want up-to-date data on a configured and implemented client within the PlanSource system.
- The API Partner-Dev site is where developers should make API calls to when working to make their API configured to their client. This site is used because it links the sandbox previously supplied by PlanSource to a client's developers to the client's site.
Below are some of the use cases when using the production site with administrative access:
- Access to PlanSource Administrator UI
- View, update, terminate, rehire manually in PlanSource as client administrator
- Make configuration changes to client setup
- Enroll employees in benefits and test new hire and open enrollment or life events
Below are some of the use cases when using the API production site with developer API access:
- Direct access to APIs to push employee data into PlanSource
- Pull employee coverage, EOI, demographic, etc. data out of the PlanSource system
- Hire, update, terminate, and rehire using API calls as the client developer
Below are some of the use cases when using the partner-dev site with administrative access:
- Access to sandbox environment provided by PlanSource
- Access to PlanSource Administrator UI in sandbox
- Configure benefit/coverage plans and costs as a client administrator
- Import user data (employee information, benefit/coverage plans, etc.) to play with
Below are some of the use cases when using the API partner-dev site with developer API access:
- PUT test data into the sandbox environment
- POST test data into sandbox environment
- GET test data out of sandbox environment
- Make sure API calls are communicating with sandbox environment before switching over to live environment
Updated 2 years ago